Stand Up Tall and Look Your Problems in the Eye
I can look at some people and see defeat. They look like they have lost: Head down, shoulders slumped, eyes down.
How do you overcome your problems? Stand up straight and look them in the eye.
Israel lived oppressed and defeated 430 years in Egypt. When God miraculously delivered them, He said, “I have broken the bars of your yoke and made you WALK ERECT” (Lev. 26:13).
There it is right there: a posture of freedom.
You can change your total attitude with these 5 perspectives:
1. Do not fear insufficiency.
- It’s just money. Health is more valuable than money. You are still alive, even if you can’t afford the newest iPhone! Israel had no money but God still provided with manna.
- Money issues can drive you into slavery. Work hard, bring energy to your work, be frugal, save consistently, and enjoy what you have. Look that giant of insufficiency right in the eye.
2. Do not expect disaster.
- Sure, everyone experiences chaos. IF something happens, let it run right into your PEACE! You generally tend to get what you expect. Quit expecting the worst possible thing to happen in every situation.
- Look every new day right in the eye. Expect your fortunes to change. Do your best to prepare for every eventuality and then leave the results to God. His eye is on the sparrow, and He is surely going to take care of you in whatever situation you encounter.
3. You will chase your enemies.
- God promised Israel they would “chase their enemies.” 100 of them would chase 10,000 of their enemies!
- You contain the “chase factor.” There is a power working in you that causes your enemies to run in terror. Live large, stand up strong, and command intimidating situations to run in terror before you.
4. Get rid of the old and prepare for the new.
- Don’t be shaken when God removes worn out ideas, plans, and strategies from you. They are really limitations on your future.
- When change comes (most people’s greatest fear), expect something greater to take it’s place: A better job, with better benefits, a better neighborhood, a better relationship. The old was blocking the new from coming.
5. God is always walking beside you.
- You can look your enemies right in the eye because God is STANDING right there beside you. David refused to fear the valley of the shadow of death because, he said, “You are with me.”
- You are not alone. Your enemy is looking at you but seeing God standing there beside you. Whatever you are facing right now, stand up and remind your enemy (out loud) that no power in the universe is a challenge to your God.
There you go. Change your posture. Stand up tall and erect. Look your enemies straight in the eye. Call out that “Goliath” just like David did.